Skip to main content

Reading Notes: PDE Mahabharata Section C

Life in the Forest

Source. Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913)

I think it would be fun to expand on the stories of the Pandavas exploring the forests and talking to sages, doing odd jobs, and what-not during their exile. I could make the story be composed of short little bits of different stories. A little detail of the brothers visiting a mystic guru in a forest cave, one where they encounter a wise old wizard who has become an elk, and get some sound advice from him. 

In the Forest, a Mystic Cave (Source : pixabay)

It'll be difficult to balance having several stories while staying under the word limit. I'll have to be careful and maybe only choose two or three, depending on how short or long I make each little tale. I will probably change up the composition of the Pandavas, making each one a unique character of my own, while keeping some of the spirit of the original characters. I may also decrease the number of them, just to make the tales easier to digest. Having less characters to work with is much easier, then again, maybe a challenge is what I need!

I would try to instill a feeling of almost a montage sequence in a movie. Each of these snippets that the reader gets to see are just glimpses into much larger stories. With this in mind, I may be able to get a lot more little situations in, as long as I'm careful not to overdo any single stories. I think this would be a really fun kind of story to write, and I definitely haven't written any like it before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

The Ruins of the Old World (Source:  pixabay ) Race for the Prize

Introduction to a Mechanical Engineering Major

My name is Callum Maguire, and I am a senior majoring in Mechanical Engineering. The coolest class I took last semester was AC Systems, which explored how air conditioning systems work and how they cool down rooms. Get it? Coolest class? Jokes aside, it was a very interesting course that opened my eyes to how complex a system the air conditioning in a building is, as even a single room can be a lot to deal with as far as calculations go. I was raised on Star Wars and Tolkien, so they happen to be some of my favorite works, however I'm also very fond of superhero movies, sitcoms like Community and IT Crowd, as well as sci-fi and fantasy novels. Long story short, I'm a nerd. Best movie I've seen recently is The Last Jedi, which is something of a controversial opinion I guess, but I don't care. I enjoyed it, and that's all there is to it. I recently re-read one of my childhood favorite novels, Redwall, which was a nice trip down memory lane. It was clear that it wasn

Week 7 Story: Demon Days

Long ago, in the land of Midor, there lived a humble man by the name of Shakiro. He was a simple man, and he led a simple life. One day, when Shakiro was wandering about the forest, searching for food, he encountered a a creature that had become trapped by some kind of strange apparatus. When he approached the odd creature, he was surprised to hear the creature speak to him! "Hello there, human. I was trapped here, unable to escape my bindings without assistance from a human... I don't imagine you'd be willing to help, so just run away now like the rest of your kind." This perplexed Shakiro, as he couldn't figure out why the creature would just assume he wouldn't help out. If Shakiro was anything, he was generous! He looked the creature up and down and decided he seemed harmless enough. "I will not run away!" Exclaimed Shakiro, "I'm going to free you, my friend." He took care to break the chains that held the creatu